Netgear is a well-renowned brand, and it’s known for its ultimate high-speed router. Netgear Router is a good one to provide high-speed internet connection. Usually, the Netgear Router asks for firmware updates. One needs to do the firmware updates of the router when required. It helps to improve product performance. The firmware update will not only work on the improvement of performance, but it also helps in adding new features and enhance security as well.
If your Netgear Router needs a firmware update, you can do that by following straightforward ways. You can get the updates done with the help of the Nightwk application. Now do not wait for too long; download the Netgear Nightwk application. You can download the Nightwk application through your mobile phone or via the Netgear Web Page also.
To upgrade the specific firmware version, you need to follow the following steps; which are:
- Use the Ethernet Cable to connect the router and the computer directly.
- Now go to the Netgear Support.
- You need to enter the model number and product name.
- It is the time to click on the Download button.
- Choose the Firmware Version and then Click to Download.
- If there is a requirement to unzip the file, go for it then.
- Just go to the web browser, and enter routerlogin.net over the search bar.
- Now, a page will display over the desktop screen.
- Enter the router admin username and the router admin password.
- If you have not set any username and password yet, the default user name is Admin. The password is what you had entered for the first time when you logged in to the router. Make sure not to reveal the username and password ever to anyone.
- Choose the “Advanced” and click on “Administration.” Else, choose the “setting” option, and then click on the Administration.
- Now select the “Firmware Update” OR the “Router Update.”
- Now, the router will start getting updated.
- There are two options located; one is “Choose File,” and the second one is “Browse”. Click on one of the options from both and click on the firmware file, which ends with .img or .chk.
- It is time to click on the “Upload” button.
It is the time when the Netgear Router starts updating. The router will restart. The update process will take around 2 minutes only, and this is where everything will work on for the correct update.
Now, if you want to update the Netgear Router, then follow the steps as mentioned above. These steps will help to update the Netgear Router properly. Please make sure not to break the order of the steps; otherwise, it will create a router problem to update appropriately.