Netgear is a popular brand for producing advanced routers and modems. Netgear has presented plenty of useful routers to satisfy users’ needs. Netgear routers have benefitted users to such a great extent that they don’t want to rely on any other brand for new routers. However, they all have faced problems while setting up their Netgear router. So, we are going to provide you a step by step guide. Now you don’t have to worry about any problem in Netgear router setup.
Three different processes of setting up Netgear router are going to be discussed. Have a look at them and see which one is convenient for you.
Steps for Netgear Router Setup:
- Download Nighthawk application.
- Attach the supplied (whether any) antennas and connect the modem to Internet port on the router.
- Power on the router. Wait a little for the Wi-Fi LED to light.
- Look on the router label on the back or bottom for router’s Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and network key (password).
- Go to your smartphones’ settings and tap Wi-Fi.
- Connect your mobile to the network listed on the label of your router and put the password.
- Install Netgear Nighthawk application on your smartphone.
- Follow the detailed instructions in the application to install the router and connect to the internet.
Netgear Router Setup using Router Web Interface:
- Connect your modem to Internet port at the back of your router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your PC to any of the Ethernet ports on your router.
- Press “Power” button on your router.
- Open any web browser and routerlogin.net and then you will be prompted to log in.
- Log in to the router. Set default username as “admin” and password as “password”.
- Tap Advanced>>Setup Wizard.
- Click on “Yes” radio button and choose “Next”. Let the router detect your internet connection. Then it will prompt you to log in.
- Enter and confirm a new admin password.
- Then you have to answer two security questions.
- Click “Next”. You will get to see “Congratulations” page.
- Click on “Print this” to print your network settings if required. This step is optional. You need to do this only when it is essential.
- Click on “Next”.
- You will see the “Firmware Update Assistant” display page.
- If a firmware update is not available, you have to click “Ok”. No, your router is set up.
- If a firmware update is available you have to click on “Yes” to complete updating your firmware. After completing the firmware update, your router will reboot. You will be prompted to log in.
- Enter the admin and new password you have previously created. You will see the basic display page. Now you are done with setting up your Netgear router with the help of a router web interface.
Connect Your Router to Internet with Smart Wizard:
- Launch any web browser from your smartphone or computer which is presently connected to your router’s network.
- Enter http://www.routerlogin.net. You may also enter the default IP address (192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1) of your router.
- In the next step, Enter your username and password. The username must be admin and default password must be password. Remember these are case sensitive. If the default username and password are not working, you have to try another password that you may have changed. Otherwise, you have to do a factory reset to restore your router to factory defaults. Then you will see the basic display page.
- Click “Setup Wizard” situated on the upper left corner of the screen. You will see “Setup Wizard” screen.
- Select “Yes”.
- Choose “Next”.
- Then “Setup Wizard” will detect your internet connection.
- Select “Next”. The router will save your settings. Then you will be connected to internet.
- Select “Router Status” under “Maintenance” to check whether you are presently connected to internet.
Choose any one process that you find convenient for you. After setting up your router you get to enjoy a lot of things you like to do. With its superfast internet connectivity, you will like to play games, watch movies, and many more. Don’t wait for anything. If you have your Netgear router complete the setup to enjoy the benefits of an uninterrupted internet connection.