Netgear Router is a very popular and well efficient router, which actually deserves to be the best one due to its excellent performance in the internet world. If we talk about resetting the Netgear Router, it needs to be done when the router is not working. In case, the router does not function accurately, then you must reset, or factory reset the Netgear Router.
In case, if you forgot the password, then you should reset the Netgear Router. Many of the folks exist, who knows about resetting is the solution, but they do not know how to factory reset the router. It is essential to follow a step by step guide to learn how to factory reset the Netgear Router. So here let us get started now without wasting a single minute.
When is Reset or Factory Resetting Required?
Resetting or factory resetting is necessary to do in the Netgear Router when the mentioned problem occurs:
- When the Netgear Router turns off, then resetting can work on.
- The access page does not get connected due to entering the wrong password.
- WiFi does not fit or work properly.
- Check out the power cord fit properly.
- Do not forget to check out that the power supply is on or not.
How to Reset the Netgear Router?
- Make sure, before you start resetting the router, the power is turned on or not. Just rotate the router to face its back towards your face side.
- You will see the reset button over there, which reset the Netgear Router to its default setting.
- It would help if you had a clip to put inside the reset button. Press the reset button and hold the button pressed for a few seconds.
- Now after releasing the reset button, wait for 10 seconds. The router will automatically start rebooting once it gets reset.
- When the reset process starts, then the LED light will begin blinking over the router.
- When the entire resetting process completes, the router will stop flickering.
- Now your router is reset to its default setting.
How to Factory Reset the Netgear Router?
- The Reset Button is positioned behind the router, press it from where the reset process will start.
- Keep pressing the button for a few seconds with the help of the pinned side of the paper clip. After releasing the reset button a few seconds later, the rest process will start on.
- When the rest process gets completed, now open the web browser over the PC.
- Now type the http://routerlogin.net in the search bar.
- Enter the username and password of the router over the login window.
- You will receive a homepage that will display how you need to select the Administration option. The Administration Option is positioned under the Advanced Tab.
- Now time to change the password. Select the Password option and change it.
- It would help if you put the older password first, and then the first one.
- Do not forget to select the “Enable Password Recovery” option, which helps you to regain the password if you lose it in the future.
- Now click on the “Apply” button, and you are good to go.
I hope now you can quickly factory reset your Netgear Router. In case of resetting the router, usually, the details mentioned above for that as well. So go ahead, and reset the router to attain the expected results.